Tuesday, 19 October 2010

My First Time

I quit drinking 6 days ago. Well, 5 and a half if I wanted to be precise. I told all my friends so proudly, with the noble air of the self-righteous. I enjoyed the shocked look on their faces and grinned back smugly. I am not an alcoholic, I just like a little drink every day. Or so I tell myself. I am embracing a new phase, one of peace and tranquility - except now I am bored shitless. Not drinking is particularly difficult I have found when you work behind a bar. Which is exactly what I do. I am armed with all the dastardly facts of alcohol abuse and years of memories of an alcoholic mother, yet these are hard to retrieve in those moments where you are surrounded by all of your friends slipping merrily away into vodka-land whilst you are sat there sipping lime cordial. Which is disgusting. I feel sorry for limes.

So I am starting a blog, like millions of other narcissists out there. The perfect forum to chat endless crap which I am sure many believe their own stories to be fascinating to others. They are not. I am writing this for the simple pleasure of hearing my fingers clack-clack on my keyboard and am under no pretense that this will be interesting for others to read. In fact I am under the impression I have come across downright moody, quite possibly bitchy, which is okay. In 'real life' I am that girl that is always happy, annoyingly perky. It's refreshing to have an outlet to vent.

I am pretty confident I will have limited followers but if you choose for whatever inane reason to read my rants feel free, and welcome to my first ever blog.


The Fake Brunette

1 comment:

  1. It seems even if you're just venting & thinking out loud in the blog world, there are people who want to read it, can relate & feel the same.
    Only a few days into blogging & I can tell this is gonna be a good one.

    I couldn't find your page because when I clicked your profile from my page, it didn't show up, so I got curious & decided to do a search, and here you are & I can follow now. =)

    ReplyDelete